The job of the evangelist is not done until the evangelized becomes the evangelist.
Free faith-sharing tools for horse lovers
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:16-17 KJVR

Evangelism is nothing more than one beggar telling another beggar where to find food.

Free faith-sharing tools for the workplace

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Brothers building Brothers - 11/11/10

Then he arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.  But He said to them. “Why are you so fearful?  How is it that you have no faith?”  And they feared exceedingly, and said to one another, “Who can this be, that even the wind and sea obey Him!”  Mark 4:39-41

Even though I have God the Holy Spirit living inside me I, like the disciples often prefer to believe my circumstances instead of the truth of God’s word.  Father, forgive me for looking at the storm around me rather than looking to you who brings me peace.  Why am I so fearful? Jesus nails it, it is lack of faith.  I am unwilling; not just to believe God’s promises but to believe in such a way that I can act in accordance with His promises.

Well did Isaiah prophesy of me, this guy honors Me with his lips but his heart is far from me. Mark 7:6b (Jack’s personal version)

Brother or sister, if you are struggling with a fearful heart today remember the truth of God’s word and believe it.

Sometimes trembling, Sometimes believing, Your brother Jack

No comments: