The job of the evangelist is not done until the evangelized becomes the evangelist.
Free faith-sharing tools for horse lovers
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:16-17 KJVR

Evangelism is nothing more than one beggar telling another beggar where to find food.

Free faith-sharing tools for the workplace

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Brothers Building Brothers - 2/22/10

Dear Brother,

For forty years I was grieved with that generation, and said, “It is a people who go astray in their hearts, and they do not know My ways. Psalm 95:10

I am reminded by this verse that the key to making wise choices in life is not weighing all the options, or putting the positives and negatives on paper, or looking for the ever mysterious and illusive open and closed doors, windows and escape-hatches. I’m always looking for those escape-hatches, their handy when you need to change your mind about what God was saying to you when he opened the door you thought you really wanted and then closed it just before you got through it. If I sound like an expert at manipulating the circumstances your very perceptive.

However I serve a God who is adept at manipulating the manipulator. You remember a guy named Jacob? As good as I am I don’t hold a candle to him and in the end God got him on track. The truth is: knowing and doing the will of God is all about knowing and doing the will of God. Abraham’s servant said it best when searching for Abraham’s old stomping grounds. When he arrived he said, “I being in the way, the Lord led me to the house of my master’s family.” Basically this guy got on the road, followed what instructions he was given and trusted God for what he did not know.

The text above says that the problem Israel had with knowing God’s ways was a heart problem. When your heart wanders your feet will too. Psalm 139: 23-24 addresses this very thing “Search me O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” Get the heart right and the feet take care of themselves.

In His will,

Your brother Jack

No comments: