The job of the evangelist is not done until the evangelized becomes the evangelist.
Free faith-sharing tools for horse lovers
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:16-17 KJVR

Evangelism is nothing more than one beggar telling another beggar where to find food.

Free faith-sharing tools for the workplace

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Brothers building Brothers - 3/8/10

7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

13 Take firm hold of instruction, do not let go; keep her for she is your life. Proverbs 4:7, 13

The bible is clear; anyone who is a child of God will keep His commandments and have a love for the word of God. The two proverbs above indicate that understanding truth and holding onto it for dear life is your life. Many “Christians” in name only do not realize this.

Last night we enjoyed a concert in Eureka, a young lady singing from her heart about her life experiences. During the intermission God opened my mouth to speak to a young man about his eternal destiny. When I asked him if he knew where he would be in eternity his answer indicated that he wasn’t sure. In just a few moments he had agreed with me and the scriptures that he was a sinner doomed to the lake of fire. The interesting thing was, that as I gave him the gospel he agreed with all of it and said that is exactly what he believed. I went on to explain to him that if he really did believe that he could be assured that he would spend eternity with God.

However I knew it would be irresponsible not to challenge his statements so I asked him if he was studying Gods word. He answered that he was not. So I shared with him what Jesus said about being a true disciple, “If you abide in my word you are my disciple indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. I did not tell him his faith was false, I’ll let the Holy Spirit do that but I was reminded again just how dangerous a little knowledge can be. We need to be encouraging those we disciple and those we witness to, to get wisdom and take hold of instruction “for she is your life”.

Praying for William, and you

Your brother Jack

No comments: